Decoding Ashwagandha 1.0 | Ashwagandha Benefits | Ashwagandha Uses
Often called the “King of Ayurvedic Herbs”, Ashwagandha is one of the best offerings of Ayurveda. Also known as Withania somnifera, the herb saw widespread usage during the pandemic when people started going back to traditional forms of healing. Each and every part of this plant is used for treating several health conditions and promoting vitality and longevity. Ayurveda has been making use of this powerful remedy for treating umpteen health problems including infertility, reduced immunity, arthritis, depression, insomnia, anxiety, strength, and much more.
Each and every part of it can be used for treating several health conditions and promoting your wellbeing.
The brew is All Natural, home-made, handmade, and made in small batches with unadulterated and absolutely pure and fresh ingredients making it a taste and smell sensory delight!
Our brew is made from the most crucial part of this plant i.e., the roots. The roots have potent aphrodisiac, diuretic, anti-depressant and anti-diabetic properties and are used for treating insomnia, constipation, infertility, skin disorders, and so much more.
What makes the Sātmya Fermented Ashwagandha special?
The Sātmya Fermented Ashwagandha Brew is ‘cured' in A2 milk, thereby not only supercharging its properties but also mellowing!
At Sātmya, our Ashwagandha is fermented (broken down into more absorbable components that our body can digest naturally) in A2 milk to increase the adaptogenic herb’s potency. Fermentation not only elevates its benefits but also mellows down the musky "horse" like smell of the root and it's bitter taste, furthermore giving it a relaxing aroma.
After this, the root stems are allowed to dry in the sun. This is followed by then crushing and adding our blend of spices for aroma and flavour.
Fermentation of Ashwagandha is a time-intensive process that takes anywhere between 8-12 days from start to end. It is the prime reason why it cannot be done on an industrial scale.
The Sātmya Fermented Ashwagandha Brew contains Ashwagandha, Saffron, White Pepper, Fennel seeds, Lakadong Turmeric, Ceylon Cinnamon, and Cardamom for a good mix.
Read below all the benefits you get from each ingredient:
▪︎ Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful adaptogens which help maintain the body’s cortisol (stress hormone). Adaptogens are herbal plants that work to 'adapt' the body’s ability to deal with physical or mental stressors.
▪︎ Turmeric, white pepper, and cinnamon are excellent immunity boosters and fight against any viral replications
▪︎ Saffron, green cardamom, and fennel seeds give it an aromatic sweetness perfect for a relaxed sleep and a healthy gut
- Sleep Elixir: Ashwagandha goes by the botanical name 'Withania somnifera', and the word ‘somnifera’ literally translates to it being sleep-inducive. This ancient adaptogenic herb is a rather potent sedative and helps one overcome conditions like insomnia and many other sleep disorders - best had before bedtime as a goodnight tea!
- Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) is known to help with a variety of ailments such as postpartum depression, stress and anxiety that new moms may be experiencing. It is highly recommended they consume it as a soothing cup of tea, twice a day.
- Its flowers can be used for treating kidney problems such as kidney stone.
- Ashwagandha is a powerful remedy for bolstering immunity for one and all. It is a potent adaptogenic herb, helping normalize all of our bodily functions.As an adaptogenic herb, it literally adapts to different body types and works on the individual’s stress and cortisol levels.
- It helps naturally fight insomnia, anxiety, and stress!
- The leaves of Ashwagandha are known to have anti-viral properties and can be used to manage flu and flu-like diseases.
- Ashwagandha and Menopause: Some studies have also found that Ashwagandha helps in reducing menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, irregular periods, night sweats, mood swings, and brain fog.
- Since Ashwagandha can help balance the hormonal imbalances in the body by managing the levels of cortisol, DHEA-S, and testosterone, it can be used to bring overall nourishment. Women with PCOD/PCOS can also benefit from regular consumption of this herb.
When And Who Can Consume Ashwagandha?
Our Ashwagandha Brew can be consumed at any time of the day, in any way that fits your routine and personal needs best, as it has already been cured in A2 milk and is fermented. It is advisable to consume it during the day for building strength, and at night for a sound sleep.
It can also be consumed by kids above 6 years old. Kids should be given half the dosage of what is given to adults.
Please note: As always, speak to your healthcare practitioner before you start consuming anything new.
How To Consume Ashwagandha
- Add to smoothies, shakes or homemade energy balls, as it makes for an excellent pre-workout supplement for strength and stamina. It maintains overall body balance and has a wonderful taste and colour that goes well with most recipes - owing to the Saffron, White Pepper, Fennel seeds, Turmeric, Cinnamon and Cardamom!
- Make Ashwagandha-powered porridge by just adding a tablespoon to your morning porridge breakfast.
- Brew 1 tablespoon of Fermented Ashwagandha Brew from Sātmya directly in warm milk for 2-3 minutes and consume immediately.
- It can also be enjoyed as a tea. All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of the Ashwagandha powder in water (like green tea) and consume fresh and warm!
- Brew 1 tablespoon fermented ashwagandha blend in water and add almond milk as creamer.
Tip: The combination of milk with Ashwagandha, increases the absorption of the herb by the body thereby also increasing its effectiveness and "supercharging" its properties.
Client Diaries | Ashwagandha
Order your jar of Fermented Ashwagandha today!